Fixed Fee Conveyancing Lawyers Glasgow & Edinburgh
We know that buying and selling your home can be a stressful time. Our experienced and qualified solicitors can explain the procedure and ensure you are confident in selling your home.
HOW DO I BUY AND SELL PROPERTY?
At Simplicity Legal, we take you through each step of the way, ensuring that we listen to your concerns and any wishes you have in respect of selling your home. We manage the marketing of your property on the market to the end. Our conveyancing and estate agency team can advise on how best to maximise the value of your property, together with the best period to sell and finding your new home.
THE CONVEYANCING PROCESS- PURCHASING YOUR HOME
This process explains step by step how we complete your transaction:
- Firstly, when you have identified your ideal home, get in touch with our enquiries team at Simplicity Legal. It is important for us to make enquiries as to whether there is a closing date. At this point we will discuss your options for financing the purchase- for example a mortgage.
- Next, we will get in touch with you regarding our fees and to get some proof of ID for yourself, a requirement under money laundering regulations as per the Law Society of Scotland.
- Once this is complete, we will send the offer to the parties selling the property. At this stage we will send what is known as a ‘qualified acceptance’. This includes your offer with some conditions attached to be negotiated on.
- Following this, we will obtain documents from the seller’s solicitors. We will ensure the seller has what is known as ‘Title to the Property’, ie. They can legally sell the property. We will also contact the sellers agents and make enquiries as to any alterations or works carried out on the property.
- What is known as Property Enquiry Reports will determine various matters in relation to the area where the property is situated, including information on roads, drainage, warrants etc.
- Next, we will work with the sellers solicitor to settle things as quickly as possible. We will then obtain all the relevant forms for your mortgage and finalise this with your lender.
- Following on from Land and Buildings Transaction Tax, when we reach an agreement with the sellers solicitors we will arrange for the conclusion of the contract. Once the necessary funds are transferred, you will obtain the keys for your new home.
Contact our Fixed Fee Conveyancing Solicitors in Glasgow and Shawlands, East Kilbride, Edinburgh and Lanarkshire
For a Free* initial consultation with our Conveyancing and Estate Agents Department, please call us today on 0141 433 2626.